OT: gopher clients

  • Ben Greenfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 7:54 PM
      Hey all,

      Maybe this is on topic not really sure. I'm thinking about abandoning the web and trying to figure out if gopherspace still exists.

      Anyone active in gopherspace?

      Ben
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31 7:58 PM
        On 03/31/2013 10:54 PM, Ben Greenfield wrote:
        > Maybe this is on topic not really sure. I'm thinking about abandoning the
        > web and trying to figure out if gopherspace still exists.
        >
        > Anyone active in gopherspace?

        Hey Ben! I'm not active there personally, but it still exists. There are
        quite a few gopher servers around, and a fellow (Cameron Kaiser) maintains a
        gopher plugin for Firefox.

        https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/overbiteff/

        See more info about gopher in general here:

        http://gopher.floodgap.com/overbite/

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ