Amstrad 8256 Available

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
      I got an inquiry through my web site, I do not want an Amstrad
      8256...anyone interested let me know and I will pass your info on to the
      person who sent me the inquiry. I have no info other than the person's
      name and email.
      Bill

      One amstrad 8256
      1 daisy wheel printer that came with the amstrad
      1 amstrad keyboard
      All connecting cords between above items
      2 probably very dried out printer cartridges
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 6:29 AM
        I have Bill D's old 8256, so I can make system disks if someone gets it and has blanks.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 7:05 AM
          So far no one has expressed interest...shall I tell the person "pass"

          > I have Bill D's old 8256, so I can make system disks if someone gets it
          and has blanks.

          > Thanks,
          > Jonathan
          >
          > On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 11:35:54 -0400
          > "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I got an inquiry through my web site, I do not want an Amstrad
          > > 8256...anyone interested let me know and I will pass your info on to
          the
          > > person who sent me the inquiry. I have no info other than the person's

          > > name and email.
          > > Bill
          > >

          > > One amstrad 8256
          > > 1 daisy wheel printer that came with the amstrad
          > > 1 amstrad keyboard
          > > All connecting cords between above items
          > > 2 probably very dried out printer cartridges

        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 3:55 PM

            > So far no one has expressed interest...shall I tell the person "pass"
            >
            > > "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I got an inquiry through my web site, I do not want an Amstrad
            > > > 8256...anyone interested let me know
            > > >
            > > > One amstrad 8256
            > > > 1 daisy wheel printer that came with the amstrad
            > > > 1 amstrad keyboard
            > > > All connecting cords between above items
            > > > 2 probably very dried out printer cartridges

            I'm not a fan of Amstrads, but Evan's "change the exhibits" post got me thinking a bit. I don't think MARCH has too many printers on display, they may be spread out among several exhibits. 21st C. people simply don't know about impact-class printers, they have only seen inkjets and laser-toner-transfer (and thermal) printers.

            MARCH probably has some daisy-wheels, but if this setup works, it could be a nice and inexpensive exhibit for desktop publishing. Put next to it, an older system (apple II? C64?) with Epson dot-matrix printer; also a Mac with a laserprinter.

            (shrug) It's not the worst exhibit idea, and it's interactive, and if anything breaks in use it can be replaced. It can also demonstrate BASIC programming, you can print biorhythm charts! ;) My H8 with BASIC went over well at TCF, without a printer.

            Just an idea, and not all that April-foolish.

            Herb
            retrotechnology.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 4:07 PM
              >> Evan's "change the exhibits" post got me thinking a bit.

              I might've made that post too real-sounding. :) It was meant as a joke...
            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2 8:31 PM

                > >> Evan's "change the exhibits" post got me thinking a bit.
                >
                > I might've made that post too real-sounding. :) It was meant as a joke...

                Yes, yes, the Old Man got the joke. But read what I wrote, consider what I said. Also note a recent post: yet another person is offering a computer plus daisywheel printer. Something is trying to get our attention ..... Oh, and Claude Kagan said to include a Dvorak keyboard in the word processing exhibit.

                Herb Johnson
                - sent from my Olympia typewriter