Re: [midatlanticretro] New VAX

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013

      On Mar 31, 2013, at 10:40, Brian Roth <abacos_98@...> wrote:

      This system came out of a Ford plant.

      .

      Wow - do you know which one ?

      I'm an ex-Ford of Europe guy. We used 750's, 780's and the like for various plant control activities in the '80's. I worked in Process Control for quite a while until I moved to Design Systems.

      That's a great find with some interesting provenance, I suspect.

      -David

    • Matt Patoray
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
        Very cool!!!!!

        And I'm close enough to come help and just generally ogle some awesome hardware!

        Matt

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
          On 03/30/2013 11:39 PM, Brian Roth wrote:
          >>You and me both. The 11/780 is awesome in SO many ways!
          >
          > Haven't cracked the two BA-11's but I'm hoping for some nice goodies in
          > there. I can't believe this thing has not been touched. Its all there.
          >
          > Just checked some of the box's. Couple of DECmates with original software.
          > Two pallets of VT102 with just about all of them having Retro Graphic boards
          > in them
          > VT240's, couple of VR201's that are pretty moldy. Easy fix.

          That's a fantastic haul! Congrats!

          > Going to take everything down to the frame and make it real nice. Pretty
          > dusty but no mouse destruction.

          Excellent.

          > That would be pretty neat Dave if we could work on them in the same time
          > frame. We could cluster them over the net hehe!

          That'd be great! I'll see what I can do to accelerate the freight stuff on
          my end. It'll likely be awhile, sadly, but I'll do what I can.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Brian Roth
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
            Pretty sure it was in New England but not sure of the state. I'll probably know more in a few weeks.