Re: [midatlanticretro] New VAX

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
      On Mar 31, 2013, at 10:40 AM, Brian Roth wrote:

      > I certainly do not need 2 pallets of VT102's so I will be getting rid of a few who might need one. It'll be a while before I get through this stuff though. Most of the terminals have yellowed pretty bad but at least what I see are in good shape. I would rather trade for stuff than sell.

      Certainly keep us posted. I'm happy to trade as well, though I don't think my list of things I have to offer intersects that well with your previous list of things you want. We'll see! Congrats on the haul, in any case!

      - Dave
    • David Comley
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013

        On Mar 31, 2013, at 10:40, Brian Roth <abacos_98@...> wrote:

        This system came out of a Ford plant.

        .

        Wow - do you know which one ?

        I'm an ex-Ford of Europe guy. We used 750's, 780's and the like for various plant control activities in the '80's. I worked in Process Control for quite a while until I moved to Design Systems.

        That's a great find with some interesting provenance, I suspect.

        -David

      • Matt Patoray
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
          Very cool!!!!!

          And I'm close enough to come help and just generally ogle some awesome hardware!

          Matt

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
            On 03/30/2013 11:39 PM, Brian Roth wrote:
            >>You and me both. The 11/780 is awesome in SO many ways!
            >
            > Haven't cracked the two BA-11's but I'm hoping for some nice goodies in
            > there. I can't believe this thing has not been touched. Its all there.
            >
            > Just checked some of the box's. Couple of DECmates with original software.
            > Two pallets of VT102 with just about all of them having Retro Graphic boards
            > in them
            > VT240's, couple of VR201's that are pretty moldy. Easy fix.

            That's a fantastic haul! Congrats!

            > Going to take everything down to the frame and make it real nice. Pretty
            > dusty but no mouse destruction.

            Excellent.

            > That would be pretty neat Dave if we could work on them in the same time
            > frame. We could cluster them over the net hehe!

            That'd be great! I'll see what I can do to accelerate the freight stuff on
            my end. It'll likely be awhile, sadly, but I'll do what I can.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Brian Roth
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 31, 2013
              Pretty sure it was in New England but not sure of the state. I'll probably know more in a few weeks.