Re: [midatlanticretro] Semi-OT: history of phone phreaking

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 31, 2013
      >> he should clarify that he was talking about an electronic/digital computer.

      He did. Specifically he meant a transistor computer, which TRADIC was, and which the new signaling system was.
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 31, 2013
        Phil responded to me this morning and acknowledged the mistake. He said
        he'll add it to the errata list at http://explodingthephone.com/errata.php.

        He also said he's glad to speak at VCF East 9.1 next spring, pending
        schedules.

        Related: I found this two-part article about Bell Labs' earlier
        electromechanical computers: http://tinyurl.com/cjmh9fp.
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 31, 2013
          > Phil responded to me this morning and acknowledged the mistake. He said
          > he'll add it to the errata list at http://explodingthephone.com/errata.php.

          Update ... he did as he promised, and gave me a hat-tip:
          http://explodingthephone.com/errata.php