RE: [midatlanticretro] dopey computer question

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
      but to what degree could you, with accuracy, specify
      the length, width and spacing?
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
      wrote:
      > I used to make pretty decent charts with AppleWorks
      on my //e in the
      > mid-80s.
      >
      > _____

      an
      > inch wide by say 3 inches long, spaced 4/10 inches
      > center to center. The dimensions need to be
      > essentially dead on. I guess I could experiment with
      > different programs (assuming I have one suited for
      the
      > task) but its always easier to just ask. Any clues?

      protection around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com
      >

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
      on the web.

      Yahoo! Terms of Service

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
        It's been a LONG time, but I remember it being adjustable for those things.

        I would test it for you but I left my current //c down at InfoAge yesterday.  You could always install AppleWin and then get the image file.

        wrote:
        > I used to make pretty decent charts
        with AppleWorks
        on my //e in the
        > mid-80s.
        >
        >   _____

        Yahoo!?
        protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >

        >   _____
        >
        > YAHOO!
        GROUPS LINKS

        *      Visit your group "midatlanticretro

        on the web.

        > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
        subject to the
        Yahoo! Terms of Service
        > <
        >

        >   _____

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
          I also need a 50 pin header connector if anyone should
          have one surplus to their needs.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
            I just tried it out of curiousity.  Column width and justification are the main things you can edit.  I think you can change margins and tabs but I didn't look very hard for how to do that.  (In Windows, use the left alt key as the open-apple key.)

            wrote:
            > I used to make pretty decent charts
            with AppleWorks
            on my //e in the
            > mid-80s.
            >
            >   _____

            Yahoo!?
            protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
            >

            >   _____
            >
            > YAHOO!
            GROUPS LINKS

            *      Visit your group "midatlanticretro

            on the web.

            > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
            subject to the
            Yahoo! Terms of Service

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
              Chris,

              I should have a 50-pin SCSI cable. Would that do?

              Jim

              --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

              > I also need a 50 pin header connector if anyone should
              > have one surplus to their needs.
              > --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              > <chrism3667@...> wrote:
              > > not really off topic, in that its underlying purpose
              > > is to salvage (hopefully) some vintage stuph. I need
              > > to be able to print out (in black) what essentially
              > > looks like a bar chart (kind of) - 25 bars, 1/4 of
              > an
              > > inch wide by say 3 inches long, spaced 4/10 inches
              > > center to center. The dimensions need to be
              > > essentially dead on. I guess I could experiment with
              > > different programs (assuming I have one suited for
              > the
              > > task) but its always easier to just ask. Any clues?

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Chris M
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                I have a 50pin cable - female on both ends. What I
                need is the male part (i.e header).

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                  Chris,

                  Oh. That is what you said... Sorry, my only suggestion would be Digikey or
                  some other electronics parts place.

                  Jim