Re: desoldering station advice

  • wb4jfi
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 30, 2013

      > On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, B. Degnan wrote:
      >
      > > Given the cost and what Bill S said, I decided to buy the Hakko 808-KIT.
      > > For $178 seemed like the best deal all around for what I need to do. I
      > > hope I made the right decision.
      >
      > Let us know how you like it.
      >

      > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      Sorry for being late to the party, but I have an X-Tronic 4040, which has worked very good for me. Both a nice iron and a hot-air wand in one unit. The newer models have fixed the only minor complaint that I had: it only read in centigrade before, but is not switchable between C and F readouts. It comes with extra tips, and extra heating elements for both iron and wand, at less than $110. ebay link:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-TRONIC-4040-HOT-AIR-REWORK-SOLDERING-IRON-STATION-/180672745995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a10ef520b

      Terry, WB4JFI