Fw: KansasFest 2013 opens for registration

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2013
      See below...

      ------Original Message------
      From: pr@...
      Subject: KansasFest 2013 opens for registration
      Sent: Mar 29, 2013 9:56 PM

      KANSAS CITY, MO — March 29, 2013 — KansasFest, the 25th annual
      convention dedicated to the Apple II computer, is now open for
      registration. Users, programmers, hobbyists, and retrocomputing
      enthusiasts are invited to Rockhurst University in Kansas City,
      Missouri, from Tuesday, July 23, through Sunday, July 28, for six
      days and five nights of sessions, demos, announcements, contests,
      and camaraderie.
      The week kicks off with keynote speaker Randy Wigginton, Apple
      employee #6, who worked on the Disk ][ disk drive, Apple DOS, and
      Applesoft BASIC. Wigginton will be available immediately
      afterward for a Q&A and autograph session.
      The week then offers a variety of presentations and workshops,
      including but not limited to:
      • Teaching kids to program with Matthew
      Hellinger
      • Disk ][ theory of design with Tony Diaz
      • Hardware hacking with Stephen Buggie
      • How to build an arcade machine using MESS and
      MAME emulation with Carrington Vanston
      • Disk copy de-protection with Martin Haye
      • HackFest, an annual programming challenge open
      to coders of all skill levels
      • A vendor fair and exhibit hall for attendees
      and the general public to show off, play with, and buy and sell new
      or unusual hardware and software
      Attendees are encouraged to share their knowledge by presenting
      their own hardware and software sessions, especially of the Apple
      II but including Macintosh, Windows, Linux, iOS, and others. All
      KansasFest sessions are presented by the attendees, who are known
      for unscheduled events and debuts, too. Whether it's a
      behind-the-scenes look at new software, preorder opportunities for
      new hardware, a live-action text adventure, a podcast recording
      session, GShisen and Dueltris tournaments, or an athletic round of
      Bite the Bag, there are experiences to be had and memories made at
      KansasFest that aren't possible except in the company of
      surprising, brilliant, diehard Apple II fans.
      Register before June 1 to guarantee a price of $375 for a double
      room or $445 for a single, which includes admission to all sess
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2013
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        >See below...

        Does the apple i have the same ability as the apple ii to show color via supermod rf adapter or otherwise?
        --
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2013
          Sorry accidentally replied to kansas fest email....

          Does MARCHs apple replica display in color?
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2013
            >> Does MARCHs apple replica display in color?

            I don't think so, but .... Corey / Mike??