RE: [midatlanticretro] dopey computer question

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
      I used to make pretty decent charts with AppleWorks on my //e in the mid-80s.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
        but to what degree could you, with accuracy, specify
        the length, width and spacing?
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
        wrote:
        > I used to make pretty decent charts with AppleWorks
        on my //e in the
        > mid-80s.
        >
        > _____

        protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
        on the web.

        Yahoo! Terms of Service

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
          It's been a LONG time, but I remember it being adjustable for those things.

          I would test it for you but I left my current //c down at InfoAge yesterday.  You could always install AppleWin and then get the image file.

          wrote:
          > I used to make pretty decent charts
          with AppleWorks
          on my //e in the
          > mid-80s.
          >
          >   _____

          Yahoo!?
          protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com
          >

          >   _____
          >
          > YAHOO!
          GROUPS LINKS

          *      Visit your group "midatlanticretro

          on the web.

          > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
          subject to the
          Yahoo! Terms of Service
          > <
          >

          >   _____

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Chris M
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
            I also need a 50 pin header connector if anyone should
            have one surplus to their needs.

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
              I just tried it out of curiousity.  Column width and justification are the main things you can edit.  I think you can change margins and tabs but I didn't look very hard for how to do that.  (In Windows, use the left alt key as the open-apple key.)

              wrote:
              > I used to make pretty decent charts
              with AppleWorks
              on my //e in the
              > mid-80s.
              >
              >   _____

              Yahoo!?
              protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com
              >

              >   _____
              >
              > YAHOO!
              GROUPS LINKS

              *      Visit your group "midatlanticretro

              on the web.

              > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
              subject to the
              Yahoo! Terms of Service

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                Chris,

                I should have a 50-pin SCSI cable. Would that do?

                Jim

                --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

                > I also need a 50 pin header connector if anyone should
                > have one surplus to their needs.
                > --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                > <chrism3667@...> wrote:
                > > not really off topic, in that its underlying purpose
                > > is to salvage (hopefully) some vintage stuph. I need
                > > to be able to print out (in black) what essentially
                > > looks like a bar chart (kind of) - 25 bars, 1/4 of
                > an
                > > inch wide by say 3 inches long, spaced 4/10 inches
                > > center to center. The dimensions need to be
                > > essentially dead on. I guess I could experiment with
                > > different programs (assuming I have one suited for
                > the
                > > task) but its always easier to just ask. Any clues?

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Chris M
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                  I have a 50pin cable - female on both ends. What I
                  need is the male part (i.e header).

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                    Chris,

                    Oh. That is what you said... Sorry, my only suggestion would be Digikey or
                    some other electronics parts place.

                    Jim