dopey computer question

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 6:14 PM
      not really off topic, in that its underlying purpose
      is to salvage (hopefully) some vintage stuph. I need
      to be able to print out (in black) what essentially
      looks like a bar chart (kind of) - 25 bars, 1/4 of an
      inch wide by say 3 inches long, spaced 4/10 inches
      center to center. The dimensions need to be
      essentially dead on. I guess I could experiment with
      different programs (assuming I have one suited for the
      task) but its always easier to just ask. Any clues?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 6:16 PM
        I used to make pretty decent charts with AppleWorks on my //e in the mid-80s.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 6:21 PM
          but to what degree could you, with accuracy, specify
          the length, width and spacing?
          --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
          wrote:
          > I used to make pretty decent charts with AppleWorks
          on my //e in the
          > mid-80s.
          >
          > _____

          protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com
          >

          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
          on the web.

          Yahoo! Terms of Service

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2 6:24 PM
            It's been a LONG time, but I remember it being adjustable for those things.

            I would test it for you but I left my current //c down at InfoAge yesterday.  You could always install AppleWin and then get the image file.

            wrote:
            > I used to make pretty decent charts
            with AppleWorks
            on my //e in the
            > mid-80s.
            >
            >   _____

            Yahoo!?
            protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
            >

            >   _____
            >
            > YAHOO!
            GROUPS LINKS

            *      Visit your group "midatlanticretro

            on the web.

            > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
            subject to the
            Yahoo! Terms of Service
            > <
            >

            >   _____

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Chris M
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2 6:30 PM
              I also need a 50 pin header connector if anyone should
              have one surplus to their needs.

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2 6:52 PM
                I just tried it out of curiousity.  Column width and justification are the main things you can edit.  I think you can change margins and tabs but I didn't look very hard for how to do that.  (In Windows, use the left alt key as the open-apple key.)

                wrote:
                > I used to make pretty decent charts
                with AppleWorks
                on my //e in the
                > mid-80s.
                >
                >   _____

                Yahoo!?
                protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com
                >

                >   _____
                >
                > YAHOO!
                GROUPS LINKS

                *      Visit your group "midatlanticretro

                on the web.

                > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
                subject to the
                Yahoo! Terms of Service

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2 8:04 PM
                  Chris,

                  I should have a 50-pin SCSI cable. Would that do?

                  Jim

                  --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

                  > I also need a 50 pin header connector if anyone should
                  > have one surplus to their needs.
                  > --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                  > <chrism3667@...> wrote:
                  > > not really off topic, in that its underlying purpose
                  > > is to salvage (hopefully) some vintage stuph. I need
                  > > to be able to print out (in black) what essentially
                  > > looks like a bar chart (kind of) - 25 bars, 1/4 of
                  > an
                  > > inch wide by say 3 inches long, spaced 4/10 inches
                  > > center to center. The dimensions need to be
                  > > essentially dead on. I guess I could experiment with
                  > > different programs (assuming I have one suited for
                  > the
                  > > task) but its always easier to just ask. Any clues?

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Chris M
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2 8:09 PM
                    I have a 50pin cable - female on both ends. What I
                    need is the male part (i.e header).

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2 8:18 PM
                      Chris,

                      Oh. That is what you said... Sorry, my only suggestion would be Digikey or
                      some other electronics parts place.

                      Jim