Re: Altair / Fool on the Hill question

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 29, 2013
      > > >   Ferrite
      > > Well, it could be a Ferret, less the little critter run away
      >
      > Hehehehe. I don't know, it might be patient. Ferrets like music, but I'm not so sure they like RFI. Still, I can't imagine that wire wound around a ferret would make a very good antenna.

      There's an idea. I don't think the ferret would like it much though.
      I don't have ferrets, but I have cats, perhaps I can try it with one of them? Stay tuned! (My cats are looking at me, not amused).

      > John even videotaped it when we got the program working on my machine:
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tImrHlYLzZo

      Very cool! Thanks for the video.

      > So, yeah. RF music on S100 boxes works quite well. It really isn't that hard to do. At TCF, Corey entered the program into his system, and we put a random old AA5 radio I'd bought at the flea market area for a few bucks next to it, and it worked there too. We just set the radio next to the computer, with it's cover off, and had lovely RF noise/music playing loud and clear.

      Here's an idea. Get 2 Altairs to play dueling banjos (or Altairs).

      :)J
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 29, 2013
        >> Here's an idea. Get 2 Altairs to play dueling banjos (or Altairs).

        MARCH does have two of them...
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 29, 2013

          > >> Here's an idea. Get 2 Altairs to play dueling banjos (or Altairs).
          >
          > MARCH does have two of them...

          I want to see a video of them playing dueling banjo's!
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 29, 2013
            On 03/29/2013 03:16 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
            > Here, I will yield to your experience. I have never played with RFI
            > Computer Music. Does the interference depend on where you tune your
            > radio? If you are far away from your computer, does tuning your radio
            > help bring in the signal? I'm sure there's lots to read about the
            > subject, but playing is more fun.

            Not really; the EMI is very broadband. There are usually parts of the
            tuning range where it's stronger and/or more clear.

            And playing is DEFINITELY more fun. :-)

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ