Re: Kirk IMP-16 Homebrew System
- --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
Several things impressed me about this prototype:
- 7 segment LED displays instead of individual leds
- instead of toggle switches or a keypad,
he used 4: octal thumbwheels with speed levers
for entry (the lever is 7 on top, 0 on bottom)
- but not even Dymo lettering for the other switches
We need to further ID the CPU and major chips.
Can anyone identify the backplane and cards used?
I've never encountered such long thin cards
with the edge connector on the short-end.
Many are protoboards with generic patterns
for soldering chips and power busses.
The backplane LOOKS like a 2-section DEC PDP
but it's single sided edge connector,
wire-wrapped on the bottom.
- On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:00:36AM -0000, Jeff Jonas wrote:
>It looks like DEC older style for the pre IC machines. The later PDP-11's
> The backplane LOOKS like a 2-section DEC PDP
> but it's single sided edge connector,
> wire-wrapped on the bottom.
had deeper cards like that but I've never seen deep cards with the single side