RE: [midatlanticretro] the day after...

  • Chris McKinley
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
      all that stuff is pretty interesting, and I'm game for alot of it. But I'm of the persuasion that there's lots of vintage stuff still out there. This is partly due to all the people I've talked to at the show (got lots of phone numbers too!). It's a matter of finding it all. A swap meet/flea market held in various areas seems like a pretty good way to save alot of this stuff from destruction. I know that sort of thing is a big undertaking, and I for one know nothing about organizing that sort of thing, but I'm going to push for it. I made a point of telling one of the people on TCF's committee that they have been doing it wrong for alot of years, and should go back to organizing it themselves, instead of farming out to KGP (bleh). They charge horrendous rates for those spots, so anybody who goes there aims to make a few bucks, not just attend a friendly meet and bring out their "junk".
       It was pretty dopey of me to not pick up that DEC pro 350 box...for $5. Some other lucky clown grabbed it :(.

      Do you Yahoo!?