RE: [midatlanticretro] www.vintage-computer.com website status?

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
      -----Original Message-----
      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Evan Koblentz
      Sent: Wed 3/27/2013 8:25 AM
      To: MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] www.vintage-computer.com website status?
      >>> I went to do my daily check of the forums of the Vintage Computer.com web

      >Works fine for me.
      Dead from Lafayette NJ. Registration probably expired.
      Yep:
      Expires On:
      2013-03-24

      Anyone have Erik's direct contact info available?

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
        >> Anyone have Erik's direct contact info available?

        I do, will ping him...
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
          I texted Erik (he's friends with me, Bill Deg., and several others here.)

          His site loaded on my phone 30 minutes ago but now it's not.
        • Jeff Galinat
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
            On 3/27/2013 8:42 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            I texted Erik (he's friends with me, Bill Deg., and several others here.)

            Evan & Wesley,
              Thanks for responding & thanks for contacting Erik.  I wondered if it could have been a domain renewal mixup but I didn't think it through enough to do the whois search.  Thanks for the info.
            Regards,
            Jeff

          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > His site loaded on my phone 30 minutes ago but now it's not.

              It took a while for the change to propagate through the DNS
              network.

              Bill S.
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                Erik says it is fixed.
              • Wesley Furr
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Please pass along our thanks...especially thanks for creating and
                  maintaining such a web site to begin with!

                  Wesley