Re: [midatlanticretro] www.vintage-computer.com website status?

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
      >>> I went to do my daily check of the forums of the Vintage Computer.com web site <http://www.vintage-computer.com> & <http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/> and all I get is what I like to call a "place holder" site. I tried it from 2 different browsers & computers. I know that quite a few of you here frequent those forums, so I wanted to confirm that you were also having problems

      Works fine for me.
    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
        Looks like the domain name expired on the 24th...here's the whois info from
        Godaddy:

        Domain Name.......... vintage-computer.com
        Creation Date........ 2002-03-24
        Registration Date.... 2002-03-24
        Expiry Date.......... 2013-03-24
        Organisation Name.... karen klein
        Organisation Address. 1726 don avenue
        Organisation Address.
        Organisation Address.
        Organisation Address. san jose
        Organisation Address. 95124
        Organisation Address. CA
        Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

        Does anyone have a contact for the person who runs the site? Assuming they
        don't already know about it... I hope it doesn't go away! That's an
        incredible resource on the web...and I've just gotten used to checking in
        and participating...

        Thanks,

        Wesley

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
          Doh...just realized the "Admin Name" for the site is Erik Klein, whose names
          is on the web site (if viewed through archive.org). I'll drop him an email
          to the address listed...

          Thanks,

          Wesley

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
              >> Anyone have Erik's direct contact info available?

              I do, will ping him...
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                I texted Erik (he's friends with me, Bill Deg., and several others here.)

                His site loaded on my phone 30 minutes ago but now it's not.
              • Jeff Galinat
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                  On 3/27/2013 8:42 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  I texted Erik (he's friends with me, Bill Deg., and several others here.)

                  Evan & Wesley,
                    Thanks for responding & thanks for contacting Erik.  I wondered if it could have been a domain renewal mixup but I didn't think it through enough to do the whois search.  Thanks for the info.
                  Regards,
                  Jeff

                • Bill Sudbrink
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > His site loaded on my phone 30 minutes ago but now it's not.

                    It took a while for the change to propagate through the DNS
                    network.

                    Bill S.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                      Erik says it is fixed.
                    • Wesley Furr
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                        Please pass along our thanks...especially thanks for creating and
                        maintaining such a web site to begin with!

                        Wesley