www.vintage-computer.com website status?

  • jgalinat2004
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hi All,
      I went to do my daily check of the forums of the Vintage Computer.com web site <http://www.vintage-computer.com> & <http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/> and all I get is what I like to call a "place holder" site. I tried it from 2 different browsers & computers. I know that quite a few of you here frequent those forums, so I wanted to confirm that you were also having problems with the site & if anyone here has the inside scoop on what's going on?
      Regards,
      Jeff
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
        >>> I went to do my daily check of the forums of the Vintage Computer.com web site <http://www.vintage-computer.com> & <http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/> and all I get is what I like to call a "place holder" site. I tried it from 2 different browsers & computers. I know that quite a few of you here frequent those forums, so I wanted to confirm that you were also having problems

        Works fine for me.
      • Wesley Furr
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
          Looks like the domain name expired on the 24th...here's the whois info from
          Godaddy:

          Domain Name.......... vintage-computer.com
          Creation Date........ 2002-03-24
          Registration Date.... 2002-03-24
          Expiry Date.......... 2013-03-24
          Organisation Name.... karen klein
          Organisation Address. 1726 don avenue
          Organisation Address.
          Organisation Address.
          Organisation Address. san jose
          Organisation Address. 95124
          Organisation Address. CA
          Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

          Does anyone have a contact for the person who runs the site? Assuming they
          don't already know about it... I hope it doesn't go away! That's an
          incredible resource on the web...and I've just gotten used to checking in
          and participating...

          Thanks,

          Wesley

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
            Doh...just realized the "Admin Name" for the site is Erik Klein, whose names
            is on the web site (if viewed through archive.org). I'll drop him an email
            to the address listed...

            Thanks,

            Wesley

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                >> Anyone have Erik's direct contact info available?

                I do, will ping him...
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                  I texted Erik (he's friends with me, Bill Deg., and several others here.)

                  His site loaded on my phone 30 minutes ago but now it's not.
                • Jeff Galinat
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                    On 3/27/2013 8:42 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                    I texted Erik (he's friends with me, Bill Deg., and several others here.)

                    Evan & Wesley,
                      Thanks for responding & thanks for contacting Erik.  I wondered if it could have been a domain renewal mixup but I didn't think it through enough to do the whois search.  Thanks for the info.
                    Regards,
                    Jeff

                  • Bill Sudbrink
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                      Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      > His site loaded on my phone 30 minutes ago but now it's not.

                      It took a while for the change to propagate through the DNS
                      network.

                      Bill S.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                        Erik says it is fixed.
                      • Wesley Furr
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                          Please pass along our thanks...especially thanks for creating and
                          maintaining such a web site to begin with!

                          Wesley