RE: Our club logo -- it's done.

  • Scott Austin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
      It's a vintage email message!

      -Scott

      Message: 5
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:58:45 -0500
      From: "Evan Koblentz"
      Subject: RE: Our club logo -- it's done.

      What the hell, I sent this message about nine years ago!

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
        For the record, you can install and run Windows 286 (Windows 2.11) on a
        640K Samsung PC AT Clone running at 12mhz. Ain't that special.
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
          Bill,

          It is. I imagine that it would be much more useful with some expanded memory.
          Do you have any real Windows 286 applications?

          Jim

          --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

          > For the record, you can install and run Windows 286 (Windows 2.11) on a
          > 640K Samsung PC AT Clone running at 12mhz. Ain't that special.
          > Bill

        • billdeg
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2006
            I have the demo MS Excel that came with the Windows 286 software,
            and have installed/tested. The product literature talks about how
            this is a great new alternative to Lotus, etc. There is also an ad
            for Genie online service but I don't have the disk. Windows 286 is
            worthless without expanded memory.

            I have an expanded memory card that I could install, but I will keep
            the box as-is. TO get the computer working I had to take apart the
            diskette drive and clean the heads to restore functionality. For
            the record the hard drive is type 31. Aside from the disk drive
            issue, the computer itself is in pretty good shape. It's a model
            SD630.

            Bill D

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>