Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for trades

  • Brian Roth
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2013
      Thank you Dave.
         I remember talking to you many years ago. IIRC you used to live in Florida and I remember you used to have a baby Cray complete with Unicos? I remember when I talked to you I think I was trying to get(deal fell through) a Cray Y-MP. I did end up with a few SGI's but never did get that Cray. The rise and fall many times of that company and Mr. Cray is just fascinating to me. The book "The Supermen" is a great read.

      Brian.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 26, 2013
        >> The book "The Supermen" is a great read.

        +1.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 27, 2013
          On 03/26/2013 01:51 PM, Brian Roth wrote:
          > I remember talking to you many years ago.

          Yes, we spoke many times.

          > IIRC you used to live in Florida

          Yup. I escaped from Where Careers Go To Die about two years ago. I
          was starving down there, and am thriving up here. (though am so busy I
          can barely keep track of my own pants!)

          > and I remember you used to have a baby Cray complete with
          > Unicos?

          Yup, several. (I took this off-list, for others reading)

          > I remember when I talked to you I think I was trying to get(deal
          > fell through) a Cray Y-MP. I did end up with a few SGI's but never did
          > get that Cray. The rise and fall many times of that company and Mr. Cray
          > is just fascinating to me. The book "The Supermen" is a great read.

          Yes it is!

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ