Apple //e Platinum wanted

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
      Still searching for a non-yellowed //e Platinum -- for my personal use,
      not for the museum. (Platinum is the grey case with the numeric keypad.
      There was also a beige case with the keypad; that's not what I want.)

      Will trade for my yellowed IIgs (working) and/or Sharp PC-5000 (needs TLC.)
    • telmnstr
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
        You can un-yellow with retrobrite.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
          > You can un-yellow with retrobrite.

          I prefer one that's not yellowed in the first place.
        • corey986
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2013
            Retrobrite is easy and cheap. I just did the white keys on my sol-20 keyboard.

            Cost about $5 for a big bottle of 40% peroxide (you can mix it easily down to 10%, but save money by buying 40% over 10% since the cost difference is about $1).

            You can buy OxyClean packs, but I have some to spare and then you need thickener from the supermarket like arrowroot.

            Anyway used a UV sterilizer light that I have, maybe if you pickup one up that is yellowed I can bring my UV light and some OxyClean and stuff and we can retrobrite it in May at the workshop.

            Cheers,
            Corey