RE: [midatlanticretro] Our club logo -- it's done.

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
      Looks great.
      Bill

      At Friday, 31 March 2006, you wrote:

      >What the hell, I sent this message about nine years
      >ago!

      -- E N D --
    • Scott Austin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
        It's a vintage email message!

        -Scott

        Message: 5
        Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:58:45 -0500
        From: "Evan Koblentz"
        Subject: RE: Our club logo -- it's done.

        What the hell, I sent this message about nine years ago!

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
          For the record, you can install and run Windows 286 (Windows 2.11) on a
          640K Samsung PC AT Clone running at 12mhz. Ain't that special.
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
            Bill,

            It is. I imagine that it would be much more useful with some expanded memory.
            Do you have any real Windows 286 applications?

            Jim

            --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

            > For the record, you can install and run Windows 286 (Windows 2.11) on a
            > 640K Samsung PC AT Clone running at 12mhz. Ain't that special.
            > Bill

          • billdeg
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2006
              I have the demo MS Excel that came with the Windows 286 software,
              and have installed/tested. The product literature talks about how
              this is a great new alternative to Lotus, etc. There is also an ad
              for Genie online service but I don't have the disk. Windows 286 is
              worthless without expanded memory.

              I have an expanded memory card that I could install, but I will keep
              the box as-is. TO get the computer working I had to take apart the
              diskette drive and clean the heads to restore functionality. For
              the record the hard drive is type 31. Aside from the disk drive
              issue, the computer itself is in pretty good shape. It's a model
              SD630.

              Bill D

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>