Re: Apple 1 Boards on Ebay

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
      made a fellow in Hong Cong - I'll have a new batch of Mimeo PCBs available in a few weeks at $150 each. My opinion is that mine are more accurate and you'll get better support, but obviously that is a non-objective opinion. :-)

      Regards,
      Mike W.

      > >> So are these good reproduction boards-
      > Same as what the MARCH one used?
      >
      > I defer to Corey and Mike W. for this.

    • corey986
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2013
        I would agree with Mike, his boards are more accurate. Font isn't right on the Newton-1 for the silk screen. Mike spent a lot of time making the Mimeo-1 font correct.

        Plus Mike can help you get it running if you have a problem. Out of 3 mimeo that I have built, only one came up the first time without any issues. The NOS chips that are needed for an Apple-1 recreation don't always work out of the box and tracking down what is wrong if you don't have help or experience isn't the easiest thing.

        So let me ask you. When you need customer support do you want to call overseas or get someone local.

        Good luck,
        Cheers,
        Corey.