re: [midatlanticretro] OS/2 -- read this!

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      IBM or microsoft? or OEM?
    • madodel
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
        On 03/24/13 17:44, B. Degnan wrote:

> [...]

        IBM. I was actually bidding on a copy of Microsoft OS/2 1.0 (Epson
        branded) on eBay today, but it went for over $220 which was just too much
        for an Epson Equity version. Had I had an Epson Equity 286 machine or it
        been pure Microsoft branded I would have gone higher. Only Microsoft OS/2
        I own are the 1.3 Tiger Beta releases which is disks only, though I have a
        couple of manuals from the Microsoft OS/2 1.3 release but no diskettes or
        case. It kills me that a former employer threw out 40 or 50 copies of
        Microsoft OS/2 1.3 when they upgraded to OS/2 Warp. Microsoft branded OS/2
        is so freaking hard to find.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        Warpstock 2013 - http://www.warpstock.org
        Warpstock Europe 2013 -http://www.warpstock.eu

        http://www.os2voice.org

        democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
        of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private
        Investigation, 1938
      • Christopher Blackmon
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
          I tried bidding today on the Links for OS/2 and Galactic Civilizations for OS/2... but lost both.  :(

          Christopher.

          >> MARCH acquired IBM OS/2 1.2 virtuall new in box. :)
          >>

          > IBM or microsoft? or OEM?

          IBM. I was actually bidding on a copy of Microsoft OS/2 1.0 (Epson
          branded) on eBay today, but it went for over $220 which was just too much
          for an Epson Equity version. Had I had an Epson Equity 286 machine or it
          been pure Microsoft branded I would have gone higher. Only Microsoft OS/2
          I own are the 1.3 Tiger Beta releases which is disks only, though I have a
          couple of manuals from the Microsoft OS/2 1.3 release but no diskettes or
          case. It kills me that a former employer threw out 40 or 50 copies of
          Microsoft OS/2 1.3 when they upgraded to OS/2 Warp. Microsoft branded OS/2
          is so freaking hard to find.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel