Re: [midatlanticretro] OS/2 -- read this!

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
      On Sun, 24 Mar 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Correction, that's not new, had it for a while thanks to Mark Dodel.
      > It's (ahem) newly discovered in our warehouse. Now we are putting all
      > the OS2 stuff on its own storage cart.

      How's the inventory coming? You know I'd help, if I were closer...

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
          On 03/24/13 17:44, B. Degnan wrote:

> [...]

          IBM. I was actually bidding on a copy of Microsoft OS/2 1.0 (Epson
          branded) on eBay today, but it went for over $220 which was just too much
          for an Epson Equity version. Had I had an Epson Equity 286 machine or it
          been pure Microsoft branded I would have gone higher. Only Microsoft OS/2
          I own are the 1.3 Tiger Beta releases which is disks only, though I have a
          couple of manuals from the Microsoft OS/2 1.3 release but no diskettes or
          case. It kills me that a former employer threw out 40 or 50 copies of
          Microsoft OS/2 1.3 when they upgraded to OS/2 Warp. Microsoft branded OS/2
          is so freaking hard to find.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          Warpstock 2013 - http://www.warpstock.org
          Warpstock Europe 2013 -http://www.warpstock.eu

          http://www.os2voice.org

          democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
          of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private
          Investigation, 1938
        • Christopher Blackmon
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
            I tried bidding today on the Links for OS/2 and Galactic Civilizations for OS/2... but lost both.  :(

            Christopher.

            >> MARCH acquired IBM OS/2 1.2 virtuall new in box. :)
            >>

            > IBM or microsoft? or OEM?

            IBM. I was actually bidding on a copy of Microsoft OS/2 1.0 (Epson
            branded) on eBay today, but it went for over $220 which was just too much
            for an Epson Equity version. Had I had an Epson Equity 286 machine or it
            been pure Microsoft branded I would have gone higher. Only Microsoft OS/2
            I own are the 1.3 Tiger Beta releases which is disks only, though I have a
            couple of manuals from the Microsoft OS/2 1.3 release but no diskettes or
            case. It kills me that a former employer threw out 40 or 50 copies of
            Microsoft OS/2 1.3 when they upgraded to OS/2 Warp. Microsoft branded OS/2
            is so freaking hard to find.

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel