Moving UNIVAC

  • DuaneCraps
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2013
      I  noticed a recent post about moving the Univac 1219’s

      Word of caution: Don’t roll them sideways on pipes

      The only structural support is front to back on the sides and in the middle

      Across the front and back is only a light gage angle to attach a sheet metal bottom.

      If you bend the one in the front the power supply drawer will be be jammed.

      I almost came to blows with a shipyard rigger over this.

      But I liked my job, and they tend to be bug burly guys.

      Duane