Re: Triad/Activant Automotive inventory computer available

  • DougCrawford
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
      Interesting historical case:
      Is it copyright infringement when a non license boots up a copyrighted OS on behalf of the licensee?
      That was an issue with an outfit that repaired TRIAD computers for
      customers! Triad tried to keep 3rd party repairers out of biz.
      http://fac-staff.seattleu.edu/mchon/web/Cases/triad.html
      WOW

      > That's what dough is for!
      >
      > I looked at the pics you sent. I have NO idea of what that is. It's
      > clearly not DEC. This is getting interesting.
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > On 03/13/2013 08:12 PM, DougCrawford wrote:
      > >
      > > I might have to fork out dough for it...
      > >
      > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@> wrote:

      > >> I'd say rescue first, identify/classify later. I know I've seen an
      > >> awful lot of VT320s in auto parts stores.
      > >>
      > >> -Dave
      > >>
      > >> --
      > >> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > >> New Kensington, PA

      > --
      > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > New Kensington, PA

    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
        Wow indeed...yet another reason in my mind for some copyright reform! I was
        reading something just the other day commenting on similar such
        issues...including things like the ability of your local repair shop
        (non-dealer) to work on your new vehicle and its electronic systems.

        Wesley