Re: Interesting Thread in vintage-computer.com about ages of hobbyists on topic

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013

      > >> There is space in the garage and attic, but I refuse to store vintage computers there due to temperature.
      >
      > But it's better than rejecting something that would otherwise be thrown away. Our storage warehouse at InfoAge lacks HVAC, however, we do have a solid floor, solid brick walls, and a solid new roof.

      Oh, Definitely! I'm strictly refusing to buy something for which I don't have room. I won't refuse a donation if I knew the alternative was landfill. I think that last sentence should be a moral obligation to all Marchin's.

      You shall not refuse to give a good home to any vintage computer.
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ