OT: Selecting a good place to grow a Vintage Computer Collection.

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013

      > Or perhaps get a dwelling that supports the lifestyle that you want to
      > live, rather than letting your dwelling dictate that lifestyle. In the
      > past, this attitude wasn't practical...but times have changed, and it is
      > VERY practical now.
      >
      > -Dave

      I would have to move out of the city to afford a bigger house, but that won't suit the needs of my kids. Everything here is just so damn expensive!

      :)J
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ