Re: buildings, was Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Interesting Thread in vintage-computer.com about ages of hobbyists on topic

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 21 11:55 AM
      Indeed, this is true. We purchased the small commercial building next to our house (around 800 sq ft with a very...interesting floor plan) for $1000 ($3000 after taxes + fees) from the city last year. It's a mess and may end up being a side-yard after all, but buildings like that with fewer hidden structural issues are available regularly in this area.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21 7:18 PM
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ