RE: [midatlanticretro] It's final: can't say 'yes' to TCF

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
      That was Scott Austin.

      From: Sridhar Ayengar [mailto:ploopster@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:27 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] It's final: can't say 'yes' to TCF

      us21090 wrote:
      > I finally did a reality check-- I can't
      swing TCF this year.  I hadn't
      > said 'yes' earlier, so I wasn't
      being wishi-washi.  I was just
      > procrastinating.  I don't even
      know if there's room at MARCH TCF.

      > I had hoped to have my
      Apple 1 Reproduction all polished and pretty,
      > but it won't be by
      then.  The Apple-1 Repro is running, but I haven't
      > finished the
      mounting board.

      > If you remember last year I brought my Kim-1
      and ADM3a terminal.  For
      > this year, I had hoped to have the Kim-1
      doing a bit of Space Invaders
      > on the ADM.  Not done either.
      >
      > It turns out, the Saturday after TCF is another event where I'm
      > co-organizer.  They'll be lots of last minute tasks the
      weekend
      > before.  That is, the TCF weekend.  I can't do
      both.  Our once-a-year
      > event provides an opportunity for
      engineering-minded students to
      > show-off their robotic-creations.
      Take a look at http://robotfest.com

      (A very simple site, soon to be updated).   BTW, we hold our Robot
      > Fest at the Historical Electronics Museum near BWI Airport

      (http://hem-usa.org/)

      Who is this?

      Peace...  Sridhar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
        Scott, don't worry about it, we're only going to have a simple booth at TCF this year.

        I finally did a reality check-- I can't swing TCF this year.  I hadn't
        said 'yes' earlier, so I wasn't being wishi-washi.  I was just
        procrastinating.  I don't even know if there's room at MARCH TCF.

        I had hoped to have my Apple 1 Reproduction all polished and pretty,
        but it won't be by then.  The Apple-1 Repro is running, but I haven't
        finished the mounting board.

        If you remember last year I brought my Kim-1 and ADM3a terminal.  For
        this year, I had hoped to have the Kim-1 doing a bit of Space Invaders
        on the ADM.  Not done either.

        It turns out, the Saturday after TCF is another event where I'm a
        co-organizer.  They'll be lots of last minute tasks the weekend
        before.  That is, the TCF weekend.  I can't do both.  Our once-a-year
        event provides an opportunity for  engineering-minded students to
        show-off their robotic-creations.  Take a look at http://robotfest.com
        (A very simple site, soon to be updated).   BTW, we hold our Robot
        Fest at the Historical Electronics Museum near BWI Airport
        (http://hem-usa.org/)

      • us21090
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
          Sorry-- this is Scott Austin.