Re: [midatlanticretro] Spring event plans (and name needed!)

  • wesleyhfurr
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
      MARCH MADNESS. Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists May Annual Digital
      Number-crunching Equipment Support & Sale. Though if it's not really an
      annual event, then A would have to be something else...

      Wesley

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
        >> MARCH MADNESS.

        I thought about that, but it would be confusing because it's in May.

        >> not really an annual event

        Correct. Just a stopgap because we cancelled VCF East this year.
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
          March May Mega Machine Market Madness..
          Or.. Mmmm.. For short..
        • Systems Glitch
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
            > Or.. Mmmm.. For short..

            ..Taste of Sugar?

            Thanks,
            Jonathan
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
              On Thu, 21 Mar 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Alas, this event needs a clever name! Suggestions?

              I called a work weekend at my place, a Vintage Computer Workshop (VCW).

              Will there be some place to crash, on the grounds? Even if it's just
              in the workshop?

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
                >> Will there be some place to crash, on the grounds? Even if it's just in the workshop?

                To be determined.

                Frankly I prefer the $40/night motel that we book for VCF East. It's
                only a couple of miles away, it's safe, there's wifi, and you don't have
                to listen to certain people snore like a poorly tuned chainsaw (they
                know who they are!)