Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Interesting Thread in vintage-computer.com about ages of hobbyists on topic

    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      computers there due to temperature.

      > But it's better than rejecting something that would otherwise be thrown
      away. Our storage warehouse at InfoAge lacks HVAC, however, we do have a
      solid floor, solid brick walls, and a solid new roof.

      Just to add to this...strive for improvement, don't make avoidable
      mistakes. The H building has nice airflow, that will keep the items
      relatively cool and dry. The worst thing is to have below freezing and
      damp conditions. The thaw is a killer on electronics..
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ