Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Interesting Thread in vintage-computer.com about ages of hobbyists on topic

    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
      >> There is space in the garage and attic, but I refuse to store vintage computers there due to temperature.

      But it's better than rejecting something that would otherwise be thrown away. Our storage warehouse at InfoAge lacks HVAC, however, we do have a solid floor, solid brick walls, and a solid new roof.
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ