RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Interesting Thread in vintage-computer.com about ages of hobbyists on topic

    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      From time to time I have leased on a month-to-month basis small warehouse
      district office/storage space for band practices, or split with a friend or
      another band who needed rehearsal space. Gives you someplace to work and
      store things, and if you split the cost not too bad price-wise.

      bd
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ