Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: 1130 replica (was Interesting Thread)

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 20, 2013
      ------ Original Message ------
      From: "Mike Loewen" <mloewen@...>
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 20/03/2013 19:34:27
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Re: 1130 replica (was Interesting Thread)
      >On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, diagonalboard wrote:
      >
      >> Currently assembling a replica mainframe (1130), right now building
      >>the
      >> complement of peripherals using reasonable machinery I can find and
      >> interfacing/emulation. Documation M600 card reader emulating IBM
      >>2501,
      >> punched card duplicator being converted into 1442 punch, HP line
      >>printer
      >> emulating 1403, DEC RK05AA drive emulating ramkit disk in 1130, paper
      >> tape reader and punch units emulating 1055/1134, Strobe model 100
      >> plotter emulating 1627, modified IBM Electronic Typewriter model 50
      >> (selectric type) emulating the console printer, non-ibm keypunch
      >> keyboard emulating keyboard of 1130 console, plus realistic light
      >> display panels, switches, buttons, etc.
      >
      > Awesome project, Carl! Do you have this documented anywhere?

      Carl has a really excellent blog at:-

      http://ibm1130.blogspot.com/
      http://ibm1130.blogspot.co.uk/

      well worth a read. But I don't think he has downloadable code...

      Dave
      G4UGM

      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ