FS/FT: Tektronix 8085 Development Aid

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
      I mentioned this earlier, but there was no interest at TCF. Here's a picture:

      http://www.glitchwrks.com/temp/tek8085.jpg

      No manuals or information other than it appears to be pretty early and it's Tektronix. The ROM appears to contain the keyboard monitor as well as a user program that does a light chaser on the 8 LEDs visible around the middle of the board.

      I cleaned it up, replaced some leaking caps in the upper-left audio section (you can see where they discolored the solder mask), and poked around a bit with the keypad. The LED display appears to be memory-mapped at 0x2000 as bytes poked into consecutive addresses light segments in the display. I have a dump of the ROM monitor, which does show at least where the stack goes.

      There's an integrated power supply in the base, which was tested prior to powering on. It's a +5 and +/-15 but Tek apparently dialed down the +/-15 to +/-12 with the regulator trimpots. Caps are good, ripple is under 100 mV loaded. There are two 6850 ACIAs which have 1488/1489 RS-232 drivers, a 8253 PIT, some manner of audio section, and a parallel 8-bit LED output port. That's all I've been able to figure out about it, but I've decided to focus on my recently-acquired SDK-85 so this one needs a home!

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
        > I mentioned this earlier, but there was no interest at TCF. Here's a picture:
        > http://www.glitchwrks.com/temp/tek8085.jpg
        > No manuals or information other than it appears to be pretty early and it's Tektronix.
        > this one needs a home!

        Dibs for MARCH / InfoAge. Tektronix founder Howard Vollum got his start
        at Camp Evans. The modern Tek donated a few things, and InfoAge / MARCH
        each have other items, but not this.
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
          > Dibs for MARCH / InfoAge. Tektronix founder Howard Vollum got his start
          > at Camp Evans. The modern Tek donated a few things, and InfoAge / MARCH
          > each have other items, but not this.

          Discussed with Evan, off to the museum it goes!

          Thanks,
          Jonathan