It's final: can't say 'yes' to TCF

  • us21090
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30 10:16 AM
      I finally did a reality check-- I can't swing TCF this year. I hadn't
      said 'yes' earlier, so I wasn't being wishi-washi. I was just
      procrastinating. I don't even know if there's room at MARCH TCF.

      I had hoped to have my Apple 1 Reproduction all polished and pretty,
      but it won't be by then. The Apple-1 Repro is running, but I haven't
      finished the mounting board.

      If you remember last year I brought my Kim-1 and ADM3a terminal. For
      this year, I had hoped to have the Kim-1 doing a bit of Space Invaders
      on the ADM. Not done either.

      It turns out, the Saturday after TCF is another event where I'm a
      co-organizer. They'll be lots of last minute tasks the weekend
      before. That is, the TCF weekend. I can't do both. Our once-a-year
      event provides an opportunity for engineering-minded students to
      show-off their robotic-creations. Take a look at http://robotfest.com
      (A very simple site, soon to be updated). BTW, we hold our Robot
      Fest at the Historical Electronics Museum near BWI Airport
      (http://hem-usa.org/)
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30 10:27 AM
        us21090 wrote:
        > I finally did a reality check-- I can't swing TCF this year. I hadn't
        > said 'yes' earlier, so I wasn't being wishi-washi. I was just
        > procrastinating. I don't even know if there's room at MARCH TCF.
        >
        > I had hoped to have my Apple 1 Reproduction all polished and pretty,
        > but it won't be by then. The Apple-1 Repro is running, but I haven't
        > finished the mounting board.
        >
        > If you remember last year I brought my Kim-1 and ADM3a terminal. For
        > this year, I had hoped to have the Kim-1 doing a bit of Space Invaders
        > on the ADM. Not done either.
        >
        > It turns out, the Saturday after TCF is another event where I'm a
        > co-organizer. They'll be lots of last minute tasks the weekend
        > before. That is, the TCF weekend. I can't do both. Our once-a-year
        > event provides an opportunity for engineering-minded students to
        > show-off their robotic-creations. Take a look at http://robotfest.com
        > (A very simple site, soon to be updated). BTW, we hold our Robot
        > Fest at the Historical Electronics Museum near BWI Airport
        > (http://hem-usa.org/)

        Who is this?

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30 12:17 PM
          That was Scott Austin.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30 12:18 PM
            Scott, don't worry about it, we're only going to have a simple booth at TCF this year.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30 12:30 PM
              Sorry-- this is Scott Austin.