Re: 1130 replica (was Interesting Thread)

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 20 12:34 PM
      On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, diagonalboard wrote:

      > Currently assembling a replica mainframe (1130), right now building the
      > complement of peripherals using reasonable machinery I can find and
      > interfacing/emulation. Documation M600 card reader emulating IBM 2501,
      > punched card duplicator being converted into 1442 punch, HP line printer
      > emulating 1403, DEC RK05AA drive emulating ramkit disk in 1130, paper
      > tape reader and punch units emulating 1055/1134, Strobe model 100
      > plotter emulating 1627, modified IBM Electronic Typewriter model 50
      > (selectric type) emulating the console printer, non-ibm keypunch
      > keyboard emulating keyboard of 1130 console, plus realistic light
      > display panels, switches, buttons, etc.

      Awesome project, Carl! Do you have this documented anywhere?

      I have a Documation M1000L, with a USB interface that I built from
      Brian Knittel's plans.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21 7:18 PM
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ