Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Interesting Thread in vintage-computer.com about ages of hobbyists on topic

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 19 5:55 PM

      On Mar 19, 2013, at 7:28 PM, joshbensadon <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Interesting reading. Most in this hobby seem to be from the "Class of 1980" era.

      Bill, how did you get your son interested in these old systems? I'm hoping to do the same, but my son is still too young.

      Josh
      Class of 84

      I guess I'm a youngin then, as I'm into this hobby.

      Matt
      Class of 97
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 21 7:18 PM
        On 03/21/2013 09:16 PM, Wesley Furr wrote:
        > The only thing I would like to have had that I've turned down was an HP 9000
        > L1000...not really vintage though. I drew the line at something I couldn't
        > move on my own. :-) Would probably have made a nice space heater though...

        Drawing the line at machines one can't move oneself is a good thing.

        I have an IBM z/890 here. It weighs 2100lbs. No typo.

        I can drive a forklift on my own. =)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ