Re: OT: UPSs looking for good homes

  • hornbetw
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 18 3:40 PM

      > >> Ahh, "grown-up" UPSs. I am definitely interested in them, but I
      > >> may not be able to move them anytime soon. Do you have a required
      > >> timeframe for removal?
      > >>
      > >> Oh, one important question...What's their input configuration,
      > >> single phase or three-phase?
      > >>
      > > We have some one picking up electronic scrap tomorrow, so I'll let
      > > the warehouse guy know that I definitely want them. I have a friend
      > > I'll see tonight that might be able to loan me some space in his
      > > garage just to get them off the premise. My In-Laws are from the
      > > 'Burgh, so I might be able to arrange a road trip to bring them out.
      > > According to the brochure, the units are 120/208/240V Single Phase
      > > In-Out.
      >
      > That would be FAN-TASTIC. Thank you!
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > --
      > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > New Kensington, PA

      After I weighed them, I checked for batteries, there are no batteries in these units. They look like you could put some "slightly larger than car battery size" batteries in the bottom of each unit. These units were used with external batteries. So most of the 300+ pounds is that big honkin' transformer! :)

      Tom
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22 9:01 PM
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> wrote:

        > After I weighed them, I checked for batteries, there are no batteries in these units. They look like you could put some "slightly larger than car battery size" batteries in the bottom of each unit. These units were used with external batteries. So most of the 300+ pounds is that big honkin' transformer! :)
        >
        > Tom

        I think I have two of these, or their younger smaller siblings. You and McGuire should contact me offline and the three of us can sort these out.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology.com