Good news @ museum

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 3:05 PM
      I'm waiting for someone at a restaurant, so while I have a few minutes -- it was a great day at the museum! Matt M. and I worked in the warehouse from 11-12:30. Then we and Jeff B. moved around some stuff in the homebrew exhibit room to accommodate the Mark-8. After that we spent several hours in the storage warehouse with Jeff J. and Steve A. -- we moved the IBM System/3 into a better place (with forklifting from InfoAge safety officer Nels) and we cleared an SUV-sized space for the UNIVAC, which will soon be moved onto strong pallets and then brought into our section. Equally important: we found the charger for the Hero robot!

      I'm told there were several museum visitors; we left our rooms open during the day with the exhibit ropes up. Nels told me early today that we could finally move the UNIVAC in the next week or two, so we abandoned all other plans for that.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17 8:29 PM
        >> Nels told me early today that we could finally move the UNIVAC in the next week or two, so we abandoned all other plans for that.

        Clarification: I meant "we abandoned all other (of today's) plans (after) that" -- ie we changed today's original plans to prepare for the UNIVAC move. Sorry for the confusion.