Re: ink ribbon for DecWriter II

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2013

      > > Is there a modern replacement for the DecWriter II ribbon?
      > > I am thinking if I can find the correct width..
      > >
      > never mind found many sources, just nothing locally...

      Office supply stores may still carry inked ribbons.

      If the Decwriter II ribbon is simply a spool with a ribbon to another spool, and the ribbon has rivets at either end to mark the end of the ribbon; then you can rewind some other ribbon of the same width.

      Look at the DW II ribbon path, see how it figures out the end of the ribbon. At worst, you'd find it would not reverse course at the end, so you'd take it out at intervals and manually flip it or rewind it. For one day that should work.

      Herb
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2013
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@> wrote:
        > > > Is there a modern replacement for the DecWriter II ribbon?

        Does the WD40 trick work on these ribbons?

        :)J