Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Triad/Activant Automotive inventory computer available

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
      That's what dough is for!

      I looked at the pics you sent. I have NO idea of what that is. It's
      clearly not DEC. This is getting interesting.

      -Dave

      On 03/13/2013 08:12 PM, DougCrawford wrote:

      > I might have to fork out dough for it...
      >
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> On 03/13/2013 02:19 PM, DougCrawford wrote:
      >>> There's a Triad computer that's been pulled in my area
      >>> that is available. Wondering what the groups feelings are
      >>> about its place in history.
      >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activant
      >>> Some say its a rebranded DEC?
      >>> Scads must have been made, wonder how many survive?
      >>
      >> I'd say rescue first, identify/classify later. I know I've seen an
      >> awful lot of VT320s in auto parts stores.
      >>
      >> -Dave
      >>
      >> --
      >> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      >> New Kensington, PA

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • DougCrawford
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
        Interesting historical case:
        Is it copyright infringement when a non license boots up a copyrighted OS on behalf of the licensee?
        That was an issue with an outfit that repaired TRIAD computers for
        customers! Triad tried to keep 3rd party repairers out of biz.
        http://fac-staff.seattleu.edu/mchon/web/Cases/triad.html
        WOW

        > That's what dough is for!
        >
        > I looked at the pics you sent. I have NO idea of what that is. It's
        > clearly not DEC. This is getting interesting.
        >
        > -Dave
        >
        > On 03/13/2013 08:12 PM, DougCrawford wrote:
        > >
        > > I might have to fork out dough for it...
        > >
        > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@> wrote:

        > >> I'd say rescue first, identify/classify later. I know I've seen an
        > >> awful lot of VT320s in auto parts stores.
        > >>
        > >> -Dave
        > >>
        > >> --
        > >> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > >> New Kensington, PA

        > --
        > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > New Kensington, PA

      • Wesley Furr
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
          Wow indeed...yet another reason in my mind for some copyright reform! I was
          reading something just the other day commenting on similar such
          issues...including things like the ability of your local repair shop
          (non-dealer) to work on your new vehicle and its electronic systems.

          Wesley