Re: Triad/Activant Automotive inventory computer available

  • DougCrawford
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13 5:12 PM
      I might have to fork out dough for it...

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13 7:01 PM
        That's what dough is for!

        I looked at the pics you sent. I have NO idea of what that is. It's
        clearly not DEC. This is getting interesting.

        -Dave

        On 03/13/2013 08:12 PM, DougCrawford wrote:

        > I might have to fork out dough for it...
        >
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> On 03/13/2013 02:19 PM, DougCrawford wrote:
        >>> There's a Triad computer that's been pulled in my area
        >>> that is available. Wondering what the groups feelings are
        >>> about its place in history.
        >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activant
        >>> Some say its a rebranded DEC?
        >>> Scads must have been made, wonder how many survive?
        >>
        >> I'd say rescue first, identify/classify later. I know I've seen an
        >> awful lot of VT320s in auto parts stores.
        >>
        >> -Dave
        >>
        >> --
        >> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        >> New Kensington, PA

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • DougCrawford
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21 11:15 PM
          Interesting historical case:
          Is it copyright infringement when a non license boots up a copyrighted OS on behalf of the licensee?
          That was an issue with an outfit that repaired TRIAD computers for
          customers! Triad tried to keep 3rd party repairers out of biz.
          http://fac-staff.seattleu.edu/mchon/web/Cases/triad.html
          WOW

          > That's what dough is for!
          >
          > I looked at the pics you sent. I have NO idea of what that is. It's
          > clearly not DEC. This is getting interesting.
          >
          > -Dave
          >
          > On 03/13/2013 08:12 PM, DougCrawford wrote:
          > >
          > > I might have to fork out dough for it...
          > >
          > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@> wrote:

          > >> I'd say rescue first, identify/classify later. I know I've seen an
          > >> awful lot of VT320s in auto parts stores.
          > >>
          > >> -Dave
          > >>
          > >> --
          > >> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          > >> New Kensington, PA

          > --
          > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          > New Kensington, PA

        • Wesley Furr
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22 5:03 AM
            Wow indeed...yet another reason in my mind for some copyright reform! I was
            reading something just the other day commenting on similar such
            issues...including things like the ability of your local repair shop
            (non-dealer) to work on your new vehicle and its electronic systems.

            Wesley