InfoAge

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
      LOL

      I just was messing around with MapQuest and I found out that I'm closer
      to Bennington, VT than to Wall Township, NJ.

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
        So, InfoAge was already on the National Register of Historic Places, and
        now we're a National Historic Landmark -- but what's the difference in
        criteria? I didn't know the answer -- and I'm still confused about it.
        But here is something interesting from Wikipedia: "Out of more than
        85,000 places on the National Register of Historic Places only about
        2,430 are NHLs."
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
          >But here is something interesting from Wikipedia: "Out of more than
          >85,000 places on the National Register of Historic Places only about
          >2,430 are NHLs."

          Wow ! I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that a relatively small number of
          Historic places are History Landmarks as well or that Evan actually used
          Wikipedia to research something ;)

          Jeff B
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
            >> But here is something interesting from Wikipedia: "Out of more than 85,000 places on the National Register of Historic Places only about 2,430 are NHLs."
            > Wow ! I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that a relatively small number of Historic places are History Landmarks as well or that Evan actually used Wikipedia to research something ;)

            I wouldn't call that "research" ... just a cursory, lazy glance.
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 20, 2012
              > >> But here is something interesting from Wikipedia: "Out of more than
              85,000 places on the National Register of Historic Places only about 2,430
              are NHLs."
              > > Wow ! I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that a relatively small number
              of Historic places are History Landmarks as well or that Evan actually used
              Wikipedia to research something ;)

              > I wouldn't call that "research" ... just a cursory, lazy glance.

              Too late, you used wikipedia.

              As a side note, have you seen the Evan Koblentz wikipedia page?

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Koblentz

              (there is none, but..)
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 20, 2012
                On 10/20/2012 03:30 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                > As a side note, have you seen the Evan Koblentz wikipedia page?
                >
                > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Koblentz

                Wow, I didn't think Wikipedia allowed nudity!

                Oh, and Bill, you left your phone charger here. Do you want me to
                hang onto it for you, or ship it to you?

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ