Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: wire wrap bits?

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
      I would assume 30AWG.

      -Dave

      On 03/09/2013 03:31 PM, 'bama'boy wrote:

      > Do you need both the bit AND the sleeve? They are sold separately. Also, the bits are sized for specific wire gauge. I assume you want #22-24 awg?
      >

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Jonas" <jeff_s_jonas@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I finally got an OK brand wire-wrap tool:
      >> the one where you squeeze the handle.
      >> Does anyone have spare bits for it?

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • 'bama'boy
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
        Hello, all

        I'm a retired computer engineer who shares your affinity for the "Good old days". I normally don't chime in unless I have something useful to say.

        Regarding the wire wrap bits, I may have a spare set (bit and sleeve) somewhere. I will look around for it and let you know.

        Regards,
        Frank

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
          On 03/10/2013 01:35 PM, 'bama'boy wrote:
          > Hello, all
          >
          > I'm a retired computer engineer who shares your affinity for the
          > "Good old days". I normally don't chime in unless I have something
          > useful to say.

          Welcome, Frank! What kind of stuff did you work on during your career?

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ