Re: wire wrap bits?

  • 'bama'boy
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
      Do you need both the bit AND the sleeve? They are sold separately. Also, the bits are sized for specific wire gauge. I assume you want #22-24 awg?

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
        >> Do you need both the bit AND the sleeve? They are sold separately. Also, the bits are sized for specific wire gauge. I assume you want #22-24 awg?

        Welcome new person. Please introduce yourself.
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
          I would assume 30AWG.

          -Dave

          On 03/09/2013 03:31 PM, 'bama'boy wrote:

          > Do you need both the bit AND the sleeve? They are sold separately. Also, the bits are sized for specific wire gauge. I assume you want #22-24 awg?
          >

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Jonas" <jeff_s_jonas@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I finally got an OK brand wire-wrap tool:
          >> the one where you squeeze the handle.
          >> Does anyone have spare bits for it?

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • 'bama'boy
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
            Hello, all

            I'm a retired computer engineer who shares your affinity for the "Good old days". I normally don't chime in unless I have something useful to say.

            Regarding the wire wrap bits, I may have a spare set (bit and sleeve) somewhere. I will look around for it and let you know.

            Regards,
            Frank

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 10, 2013
              On 03/10/2013 01:35 PM, 'bama'boy wrote:
              > Hello, all
              >
              > I'm a retired computer engineer who shares your affinity for the
              > "Good old days". I normally don't chime in unless I have something
              > useful to say.

              Welcome, Frank! What kind of stuff did you work on during your career?

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ