Re: [midatlanticretro] ASR33 Dashpot Alignment Tips ?

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2013
      OK Bill, thanks, I'll have at it this afternoon.

      Do you recall whether you ran your dashpot dry or oiled it ? The manual talks about very light oiling of the inside surface but it seems to me that maybe graphite powder on it would be a better option.

      -David

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2013
        > OK Bill, thanks, I'll have at it this afternoon.
        >
        > Do you recall whether you ran your dashpot dry or oiled it ? The manual
        talks about very light oiling of the inside surface but it seems to me that
        maybe graphite powder on it would be a better option.

        I cleaned mine first, removed some gunk. There is an regular oil for the
        machinery, but this is really not "machinery" so I don't know. I say that
        a thin coat of the right kind of oil can't hurt, I would not use powder,
        but I'd get a 2nd opinion from someone who knows for sure.