Re: Tantalum Caps

  • orion3311
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
      I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

      Jeff

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

      > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
        I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

        Regards,
        Mike W.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
          A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
          sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

          -Dave

          On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
          > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Mike W.
          >
          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
          >>
          >> Jeff
          >>

          >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
          >>>
          >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ