Museum report

    Message 1 of 137 , Mar 3 4:35 PM
      Jeff B. and I started with something fun today: we met at noon and then spent an hour at the pinball joint in nearby Asbury Park. $10/hr for unlimited play. Then we went to lunch.

      We started working in the storage area around 2:30. We only built one shelving unit, but we sorted several boxes of assorted books, hardware, magazines, and software. A highlight discovered deep inside the Bryan Pope collection: a box of great-condition Apple II education/school items such as workbooks and brochures.

      Every week the MARCH storage area has slightly less chaos and slightly more neat-and-organized floor space.

      There still isn't a firm re-opening date for InfoAge. If it's next weekend (3/10), then Jeff will go and I'll take a break. If it's the week after that (3/17), then we'll both take off next weekend, and then I'll go on the 17th while Jeff takes a break.

      We couldn't find any identifying labels on the disk packs from the rescue yesterday, and we didn't have time to look through the IBM manuals. That will have to wait for another day.
      Message 137 of 137 , Jan 18
        > Heavy rain day, so only six visitors.

        Surprised it was even that many. Roads were a skating rink today. Heard
        there was a 38-car crash on 95.