Re: [midatlanticretro] Small rescue report...

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013

      What kind of packs are they?

      --
      Will

      On Mar 2, 2013 7:15 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      Alise and I drive to Scarsdale NY today. There were some things worth the trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
        >> What is the copyright of the manuals?

        You mean the publishing year? I haven't had a chance to look that close.

        >> What kind of packs are they?

        Not sure. Is there a label I should look for, or, how do I tell...?
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013

          > You mean the publishing year? I haven't had a chance to look that close.

          Reading the document number is bttter than reading the year. These take the form (generally) of nn##-####-##. That last two (or sometimes just one) digits tell the revision level.

          > Not sure. Is there a label I should look for, or, how do I tell...?

          Any info, brand and model number. M Farris has a good cross index.

          --
          Will

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
            Will see if I have time to look tomorrow. Right now it is all boxed up in the car.
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2013
              >> Alise and I drive to Scarsdale NY today. There were some things worth
              >>the
              >trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various
              >manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.
              >>

              >360 Manuals are nice, good job for that. What is the copyright of the
              >manuals?
              >bd

              1130 manuals can also be good...